Shades of Purple


 

This is a painting in a series I am doing called "Shades of Color".  I wanted to paint using shades of the same color and see what the results were.  This one is my "Shades of Purple".  I love how it turned out.  I do have to say that I added gold to this one, which, of course, is not a shade of purple, but I love the shimmer it gave this painting.

This is a Dutch Pour technique painting, meaning the paint was moved around the canvas using air.

This is a 18x24 stretched canvas.

The colors I used are White, Diox. Purple, Violet Shimmer, Prism Violet, Plum Metallic, Deep Violet, Plum Flash, and 24k gold.

I use a variety of paint brands, and the colors are all mixed with pouring medium before using.

I varnish all of my paintings with 3 to 4 coats of acrylic varnish to bring out all the colors, and for protection.

Comments

Popular Posts