Sunset Birthday


This was fun to make and I really like the results. I made a couple masks for the horizon line, and for the top and bottom of the image,  using post-it notes.

Paper: Black, White and Pacific Point

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Melon Mambo and Black

The stamps and dies are from the Paradise Palms stamp and die set.

I used sponges to lay the colors down, making sure to blend the orange and pink into each other. When I was happy with the ski, I sponged the ocean with the blue ink until I liked the result. 

I used a white gel pen to highlight the ocean at the horizon line.

I die cut 2 palm trees from black paper, and then glues them on top of the sponging. I had to cut part of the trunk off one of the trees so it was shorter than the other one.

Comments

Popular Posts