Flip Cup Fluid Art


 This was done with a technique called a "Flip" cup.  This is where you layer your paint in a cup and then quickly flip it over on top of the canvas.  After I did that, I poked a hole in the bottom of my cup to release the paint.  You don't have to poke the hole, you can just lift up your cup.  After the paint was out of the cup, the canvas was tilted around to move the paint around the canvas.  This is one of those things where the end result is really random.  I really like the copper in this one.  It compliments the dark blue really well.

This is a 12x12 stretched canvas.  The colors I used are White, Black, Antique Copper, Bright Aqua Green, and Prussian Blue.

All of my paints are mixed with pouring medium before using.  This painting is varnished with acrylic varnsh.

Comments

Popular Posts