Beauty of the Deep


 

Window Card


Shaker Card

These 2 cards are very similar since I used the same stamp/die set.  
The first thing I did was make some alcohol ink backgrounds.  I did the inside ones on both cards with vellum, and the 2 fronts are on alcohol ink paper.  I used Tim Holtz alcohol ink and my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to make backgrounds that looked like the ocean.

I adhered the vellum to white card stock and then attached that to the card base.  I used the coordinating dies to cut out the card fronts.  Before attaching the top of the card, I stamped the various sea animals on white card stock and then used the dies to cut them out as well.  The Window card has the octopus and the Shaker card has a couple fish.  
On the back side of the card front, I glued a piece of transparency film to make a see-through window.  I then used foam tape around the whole back on top of the transparency.  Before attaching, I glued some tiny sequins onto the scene on the Window card to look like floating bubbles.  For the Shaker card, I put some various sequins right on top of the fish. (These ones were not glued down).  I then attached the card fronts, making sure the foam tape was covering all the spaces between the 2 pieces.

I then added some coral and leaf die cuts I made for some more decoration, and then I was done.  Both of these cards were a little time consuming, but worth it in the end because I really like how they both turned out.  One thing to note:  I tried to use some type of big glitter flakes that I have in my stash as part of the shaker card, but they kept sticking to the transparency film.  I think this was caused by static, so I just used various sequins.

The products I used are as follows:

Cardstock: White, Pacific Point (card base), plain vellum and alcohol ink paper

Various blue and green alcohol ink colors

Clear Transparency Film, liquid glue, foam tape, and various sequins from my stash

The stamp set is Seas The Day (with matching die set) by Stampin' Up!

Comments

Popular Posts