Copper Clouds


 This is a set of 2 paintings, called a Diptych.  These were done with the Dutch Pour technique.  The colors are Copper, Black and White.  The canvas size is 11x14.  

People often ask me about my art.  One thing I always come up with when thinking about my art is a line from the movie "Forest Gump",  'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get'.

This line fits acrylic pouring so well.  I may have a particular idea in my mind when I start painting, but with this type of painting, the results are always unpredictable. I have tried, many, many times, to repeat a painting that I've done, but the results are never the same.  This makes each painting unique.  I may use the same colors and technique, but it will never match exactly.  Its like a big surprise each time I paint.  This is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much!

Comments

Popular Posts